Saturday 9 June 2012

Tuesday 9th June

Bill

Up at 7.15. I cooked eggs and made some fried bread. gave the others theirs in bed. I cleared up and the men went to get water, oil and coil. I cleaned the guns and gave Parmenter a run over, then got the place cleaned up. Had a read and wash, then cooked some steak and potatoes. Relieved and then I got shaved, dresed and cycled over to Rodwell. Met Doris and Lyn. We went down to the fields and then came back to tea. Put Lyn to bed and then read a book and we made a picture of the Queen Mary in a jig saw puzzle. After then we had a walk up the garden and looked at the tomatoes. I also did the separating early in the evening. We had supper and then I pumped up my bike and it was half past  ten when I left. Reached camp 11.05 which wasn't bad. Went to bed.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Finished about 2.30, spruced Lyn up a little then went to meet Bill. (Didn't put Lyn to bed) Talked a bit in the bedroom. Then went down the fields plus Lyn and sat down for a little while and played with Lyn. Got tea, we all had it, cleared up and washed up, put Lyn to bed plus story, went for a stroll up the garden, then sat in the chair in the dining room, finished the puzzle we were doing the other evening and did 'Queen Mary' too. Read 'Fox Hunting' together. Up to the top and now to bed. Two long days before I see Bill again I suppose. 10.43 and to bed so G. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment