Friday 18 May 2012

Monday 18th May

Bill

Up at 6.50 and got my boots and socks off the pipes, then went to breakfast. had All Bran and bacon and tomato, then on parade, drilled till 10.30, then had Vickers lecture after break. Went to dinner, beef, greens, roast potatoes. I had it early as I was going on crash guard. It was cancelled, so I went back and had another dinner. Rang Doris up twice but could not get through. After dinner, had gun drill but played nap in between. I lost ***. Got dressed, had tea, sausages, cake, then biked over to Rodwell  by the tracks coming out at Compton Bassett I was soaked. Doris met me with Lyn. She put my clothes to dry and then we read Country and it stopped raining so I got back dry.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Ivy sent Lyn a lovely nightie case she had made I expect. Jill and bridget home from school as Jill not well. Mrs S went to Calne this morning. Finished about 2.20, did some washing then ironing. Got Lyn up, got tea and we had ours, then went to meet Bill in the pouring rain - came home and got dry, cleared up, put Lyn to bed then read in the chair 'Corduroy'. Bill may come off at 9.00 am soon and be free for the day. Thought Jill had got chicken pox, but alright now. Up to the top with Bill, stopped raining thank heavens. Now 10.33 pm so G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment