Wednesday 2 May 2012

Saturday 2nd May

Bill

Up at 6.50, lovely bright morning. I wished I was at home. Went to breakfast, had sausage meat, porridge, then went on with drawing and did some more roof designs. Found I was on guard 11 post, nasty shock so had to lump it. I had dinner, meat, greens, potatoes, bread pudding with figs in. Went back to hut, rang up Doris, she was disappointed. I had a good clear up of stuff. mended my pump and oiled cycle, and then had a read and a short nap. Went to tea, tinned herrings and jam. Got ready for guard. On guard, went on first shift. Came off half past seven and went to supper. Had chicken ham roll and corned beef, potatoes and cocoa. Went to get blankets and ring up Doris. Rang up Doris. She was fed up and going to bed early. I told her what time to expect me and went back to guard hut. Made bed and had a read and  asleep after. Then on the most lovely night but better in bed.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Finished about 2.30. Bill rang up dinner time, he was going on 11 post at 5.30 - was I disappointed. I felt miserable and like a fish out of water. Completely wasted the afternoon. 4 - got Lyn up, got tea and we had ours then took Lyn and Kala round the fields - but very lonely. Cleared up, laid supper and breakfast, read B.G.S. Year Books, and now to bed only 9.30 pm! Had 3 frocks on appro for Lyn today - like them all! Bill rang up at 8.30, nice to hear him. So to bed - G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment