Monday 14 May 2012

Thursday 14th May

Bill

Came off guard at 1.00 am. made some cocoa for myself and Millway. Got into bed, up again at 5 am till 7. Cooked sausages for breakfast then shaved and had a sleep, then wandered down the wood. Had chops for dinner and then went on guard. Saw a grey squirrel. Relieved at 2 pm and rode back to camp. Got dressed. There was only Caflyn in the hut. I cycled over to Rodwell. Doris had been to meet me but I was late, 4 o'clock. I had tea and then we went up to the village to draw Doris's money. She bought me an ounce of tobacco and I gave her the sweets *** gave me. She was very pleased with them. We got back from the village and then washed up and put Lyn to bed. I read her a story then we read the goat magazines and enjoyed a short nap. had supper and biked back to camp. Very empty hut.

Doris

Rodwell. Upusual time and all usual jobs but ironed from 11 to 12.30, nice change. Finished by 2.30 so read B.G.S. til 2.50 then went to meet Bill alone. Finally met him 3.50 - been on Water Guard. Their fellows went todat so Bill on all ordinary duties - very lousy and I feel rather depressed. Got Lyn up - first day in summer frock. Got tea, we had ours, then went up to the village, got money and choc. Back and saw Mrs Grainger's goat and kid from the distance. Cleared up, put Lyn to bed, read B.G.S. in the chair. Bill went to sleep! Up to the top and now to bed. 10.30 pm so G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment