Thursday 22 March 2012

Sunday 22nd March

Bill

Up about 7.45 and went to breakfast. Had bacon, porridge. After breakfast I had a shave and a general clean up and drew my PT kit, very nice. I read the paper and went into dinner early. Had a game of bagatelle by myself. Bought two packets of Players and then had dinner which was mutton and potatoes, fruit salad, custard. After dinner I went back to hut and got ready to go out. My bed was already made. I was soon out of the gate and went down to Calne Station. I found the waiting room shut and no one about so after waiting patiently for some while I departed for Rodwell and Doris was pleased about going home. I sat by the fire till about half past four then cycled down to Calne again. It was easier going down then coming back. Found booking clerk had a rrived there so went inside and he changed the six warrants. I was thankful that the job was done and went back to Rodwell. Had tea and washed up while Doris made a pair of shoes for Lyn's doll. I put things away, fed Kala and put Lyn to bed, and  sat by fire reading. Afterwards Kidlet rang up Barnet and told Dad we should be catching the 12.38 train  from Chippenham. we had supper and then I cycled back to camp feeling very tired after cycling 22 miles. I soon got in to bed.

Doris


Rodwell. Up 8.45 and Lyn - nice lay in. Washed up, did potatoes and beds. Mr S brought in a baby lamb but took it out again before dinner. Did Lyn's doll's frock. Continued the frock after dinner and made some lambskin shoes for it. Bill came 3.30 but had to go to Calne 4.30 to cash travel warrants but back by 5.30. Bill read and I did various little *** jobs all the evening, including Bill's trouser bottoms. Excited - home tomorrow! Seven whole days of Bill! Didn't go up to the top with Bill because of my cold - bed 10.45.



No comments:

Post a Comment