Wednesday 18 April 2012

Saturday 18th April

Bill

Up and shaved, then cleaned up, went to breakfast, had sausages, then I went on to finish my job. W.O. Vicker asked me to look at a coat rail. I went down and found it had come away from the wall, so took all three screws out and put wooden plugs in and fastened them up again. I reported back to the office and he said he had another job for me decorating the guard room and he told me to get some men. I went to dinner and had meat, greens and bread pudding with figs in. After then I arranged for some men to start. I got my SOP and cycled over to Rodwell. I was feeing very happy. Lyn was asleep so we walked round the fields and saw a stoat. Then we went up to a tree and sat on it and talked. Went up to the village, Doris bought me am ounce of tobacco and socks for Lyn. We came back and I had been chasing about in the garden with the children. After then I read my book and finished it. We had supper, took Kala out and went to bed.

Doris

Rodwell. 'Heard the cuckoo.' Up usual time and more or less usual jobs. Mrs S in Calne from 11. Lyn played in the garden all the morning. Dinner a bit late and Bill here 2.30 before I finished washing up but he helped me. Went over the fields and sat down and talked Don Bailie! Got tea, Bill got Lyn up, we had ours, then went up to the shop. Bought 2 pairs of socks for Lyn. Tim made some dandelion coffee, very good. Put Lyn to bed plus story. Bill went out to talk to Mr S. Help to lamb an ewe. Supper after a little read, then took Kala up to the top and back with Bill, then to bed. It's nice to have Bill sleeping here tonight. About 10.30 so G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment