Saturday 21 April 2012

Tuesday 21st April

Bill

Up 6.45 and shaved, cleaned up and had breakfast, and good bacon and beans and corn flakes, then went down to work. we finished off first coat. I got some more white after much chasing to get it. I mixed up distemper ready for tomorrow. had dinner, mutton, mint sauce, potatoes, carrots and bread pudding and custard. After then I had a rest then went back to work. I saw Bill Story and Dick Styles. The looked well and liked the job. we did half of second coat of ceiling, then washed down the chairs and benches. After then we went up to tea and I had meat roll and jam and sawdust cake. I got dressed, put my rain** in my bag and dirty socks and cycled over to Rodwell. I saw Doris near the pond with Lyn. I was surprised as I did not expect her. We walked back and we talked and cleaned away. Lyn played out in the garden. We put Lyn to bed and then I went down stairs and continued ,y book. I enjoyed it very much. Doris wrote to home and I read till dark. mr Smeaton went to home guard and we had supper. After supper I looked at the lambskin.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. All except Mr S went to the vicarage baby's christening at 3. Mrs S is a godmother. Then came back and fetched Philip and  went to Swindon. I did some washing, wrote to the Book Club, got Lyn up, got tea. We had ours then went to meet Bill. Got back same time as the others, sat up in the bedroom til 6.45. Put Lyn to bed plus story, wrote to Ivy in return for her letter this morning, then read in the armchair with Bill. Supper, up to the top with Bill and now to bed 10.55pm. My eyes ache a bit today. G.Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment