Monday 23 April 2012

Thursday 23rd April

Bill

Up at 6.40 and shaved, washed, made bed and cleaned up. Had a look at rifle and decided to take it to the armoury for them to do. Carlyle told me he had twelve scotches last night. It looks as though it might clear up. The planes are warming up. Looked at the lettuce plants Mr Smeaton gave me last night. Washed the lettuces and w ent to breakfast and had cornflakes and liver and bacon, very nice. I went down to guard room and started work. We shifted the stuff out and cleaned up the wood. Went up to get our asperators. Went to lunch, had stew and prunes and custard. Finished Prooker's case, then went out at two. I had three cards, a card and letter from my Mum and dad, a book of stamps and a card from Ivy and Jean, and a card from Mother and Dad. Finished distempering and we started wiping the paint work. Faulk and Joyce were both going on guard but only Joyce went on. They arranged for Malaw to come with me. Went to tea and had my lettuce, they were lovely and I gave Rolf his. Cycled over to Hillmarton. A bad accident on the road, soldier and two ***. He was killed and the lorry caught fire. Met Doris and Lyn. I gave Lyn a ride on my back. Mrs Smeaton told me I could have some lettuce so Doris and I went up to get them. Also looked at the tomato plants. He gave me some onions as well.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. I did the dining room windows to make a change. Finished by 2.45! Had a good go at Kala's coat until 3.45 then had a nice hot bath. Got Lyn up, got tea and we had ours and went to meet Bill. Put Lyn to bed plus story, stayed up there awhiles then went up the garden and got some lettuce for Bill to take back, then read together. A new char came this afternoon for the first time - Mrs Hale, a real Cockney! Lady M gave Lyn a stick of barley suigar. Up to the top with Bill and now to bed 10.30 pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment