Wednesday 4 April 2012

Saturday 4th April

Bill

On PT and had breakfast, bacon and tomato, very nice, and porridge. After then I went on with my work. Had my pay, drew £2.0.0 and then carried on with job. W.O. Suckey sent for me and said he would send a general duties man to help me with the job. I packed up for dinner, meat, swede and potatoes, rice pudding. After dinner I finished off a board, then dressed to go out. I went out about three and saw Doris. I sat in the chair while she got the tea and then she got Lyn up and we had tea. Mrs Smeaton had gone to fetch nanny. We walked up to the post office and  saw Mr Smeaton there. We went back a different way. It rained but we enjoyed the walk. We put Lyn to bed and read her three books, then went down to  wash up. The table was cleared so we washed up. Mrs Smeaton said we could go in the dining room as they had lit a fire there. We were pleased.I got the old chair out and we went very happy. Had supper and then it was time to go back. It rained like the devil. I got very wet so hung coat and trousers up by fire.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and most usual jobs but Mrs S and family were shopping in Calne all the morning til 1.15 am. Finished by 2.30, just after three Bill arrived most unexpectedly - it was lovely to have him. Family went to Swindon to meet Nanie. We had out tea 4.30 then went to the shop. Put Lyn straight to bed afterwards with lots of stories. Fire in the dining room so we had it - nice and comfortable. Up to the top with Bill and now bed 10.50 pm. Don't know whether I like Nanie or not!


No comments:

Post a Comment