Thursday 19 April 2012

Sunday 19th April

Bill

Up at 8.30 and shaved. Went to breakfast and had some nice porridge with syrup and cream on, then egg and bacon, very nice indeed. I washed up breakfast things then walked up the garden with Doris. I pulled the earth away from the onions, then we gathered the greens for dinner. Mrs Smeaton and the children went to Church and Mr Smeaton to H. Guard. When they came back we had a walk round the sheep run and looked at the lambs. Then we sat in the orchard discussing about farming. Then we had dinner, roast beef, greens, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, prune mould junket, stewed cherries. They were very nice. I helped to wash up then put Lyn to bed and went for a walk over the fields. We found some birds nests, blackbird and thrush. We sat on the base of a tree talking about our future farm, then we strolled back, got Lyn up, had tea and then went for a walk. We took a ball for Kala but she would not play. I let her loose, then we played with Lyn. Mr Smeaton asked me to go and look at the sheep and *** pig. I had Gypsy, she was good. I guessed 9-4 score for the pig, paid *** shilling then we rode round the farm. The colts were jumping. I read to Lyn and finished my book then I had tomato omelette for supper, cycled back.

Doris

Rodwell. Up about 8.40 all together and to breakfast. Did beds, washed up and did potatoes. They all went to Church se we messed about in the garden etc, then Bill had a bath and I helped him. When they came back, went to see the lambs plus Lyn before dinner. Finished 2.45 and walked all round the fields, then got Lyn up, got tea and we 3 had ours and went for a walk up the Bushton Road, Kala loose some of the time. We played ball and Lyn did enjoy it. Bill went riding on Gypsy with Mr S after tea, so I put Lyn to bed etc, darned socks. We read together for just a little while. Supper, up to the top and now to bed 10.40 pm. G. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment