Monday 2 April 2012

Thursday 2nd April

Bill

Up about 6.40 and went on PT, then had breakfast, egg and bacon, porridge. Started on some more models. Was notified that I was on 1 post. Got ready to go on duty, on parade and marched down to the post. Bert Winder was on C Flt. I got settled down and Flt Ball rang up for me to go back to see him. I went back and he said he did not want me on guard as he wanted me to make some woods for the map. I got on with the job. He said he would send somebody to help me. I made a good job of a road and cut out a tree board for large wood. Had tea, meat and treacle. After then I cycled over to Rodwell. Doris was surprised to see me. She felt very unhappy to be back and thought she would not see me. I was glad to be with her and with prospect of plenty of work I felt better. We went in the kitchen as they had not lit fire in dining room. Cycled back to camp.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time, unpacked and all usual jobs. It was HELL to wake up here this morning. Lyn slept in the pram in the garden from 11.30 till 1, so didn't put her to bed after dinner. Wrote to Mother, then took Lyn to C. Bassett to post it. Bill rang up dinner time that he was on at Yatesbury, but arrived here at 6.30, relieved to go on with the model, no more guards for a while. Had to sit in the kitchen as there's no fire in the dining room. Rotten cold too, we both read. Up to the top with Bill and now bed 10.45 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment