Tuesday 24 April 2012

Friday 24th April

Bill

Very cold night. Up at 6.45. It was very dull and a bitter east wind, not like spring. I went for a cup of cocoa and then made my bed and cleaned my boots and buttons, (before) going to breakfast. Had breakfast, fish, cornflakes, then went down to work. Washed the skirting board and cleaned up. Went to buy a packet of cigs and a bar of chocolate. I carried on with job. Malaw came down after he had cleaned up the hut, then Faulks came back from dental sick and  stopped till dinner time. We had dinner. It was meat, greens, potatoes and gooseberry pudding. After dinner I went and collected Doris's card and from Lyn. I had a short nap and then we went on with the job. We finished up skirting boards and scrubbed floors. Four o'clock went over to tea and had my lettuce and onion and enjoyed them with the canned meat and I had two pieces of cake. Changed and cycled over to Rodwell. Met Doris and Lyn. Lyn gave me a parcel. It was  from Mum and dad, 6 hankies, also I had a cake from them. *** and Bridget gave me a cake of soap and then I took Lyn upstairs. She was naughty and I put her to bed. She said she didn't like Daddy's birthday although I was sorry I had been so nasty. Mrs Smeaton gave me six eggs and half a lb of butter.

Doris

Rodwell. Bill's Birthday. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Did a spot of washing too. Wrote home and took *** this afternoon, then just sat in the chair and watched Mrs Hale ironing til 4. Got Lyn up, got tea and we had ours, then went and met Bill, gave him parcel from Mother that came, opened it in the road and it was 6 hankies. Bill put Lyn to bed before her tea time as she was naughty - "I don't like Daddy's birthday at all"!!! Read in the chair with Bill all the evening. *** and Bridget gave Bill soap and Mr and Mrs S 1/2 doz eggs and 1/2 butter. I haven't got his present yet. Up to the top and now to bed 10.47. G. Night.






No comments:

Post a Comment