Friday 27 April 2012

Monday 27th April

Bill

Up at 7, mad beat and put clothes away, then went to wash and shave. After then had breakfast, bacon and sausage and cornflakes, coffee. Went down to guard room and cleaned steps and carried pails to hanger and put one c** of ceiling white and kept one. Saw WO ***. He said he would let me know if he wanted any more. I put steps in hanger and looked at the pill box and planned out the roof of it. Took my rifle over to Derick White to clean and also I changed my pull through. Went to dinner. Brooker gave me a bob to get a drink for doing his case. I bought a bottle of Cola and then had dinner. It was beef, potatoes and greens with pudding and custard - figs in pud. Went back to hut for a rest. Measured up some more of the pill box and put it down for notes. Then went to tea. I took two eggs in and they cooked them for me. I let four others toss for one of them. Hamner won it. I dressed and cycled over to Rodwell. met Doris and Lyn. Lyn gave me the parcels, a book and a nice *** pen from Doris and an ounce of tobacco from Mother. It was a pleasant surprise. We washed up, put Lyn to bed and Kala had some meat and then we read some more of 'Father and his People'. Had supper.

Doris

Up usual time and all usual jobs. Finished 2..45 then wrote to Mum. Had 3 parcels this morning, Famous Trials for Bill, two nighties for Lyn and sandals from D. Neals but Pat had them as they fitted him. 4 - got Lyn up, got tea, and we had ours then went to meet Bill and took him the book, his pen and some tobacco from Mother. Put Lyn to bed plus story. Finished my letter and Bill wrote to Mother too, and then we read in the chair all the evening. Up to the top then helped Mr and Mrs S to get all the ducks off the pond, and now to bed. Hope there's no raid tonight. 10.45. G. Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment