Sunday 22 April 2012

Wednesday 22nd April

Bill

Got 1 bar of chocolate. Dull and cold. Up at 6.45, shaved and cleaned up. Went to breakfast and had cornflakes, bacon and tomatoes. After then I went down to the job. We cleared the things out and then got to work on the walls. Had a cup of tea from the YMCA motor and felt better. Had a smoke and carried on till we had finished one side. Went to dinner and had corned beef, potatoes and apple pie and custard. Painted letters on Prooker's case then went back to work. Came up again and drew an exchange for a frog and a sling army pat. Went down to guard room and  saw Sq Ld Fish. He asked me to ring up Hut 5 for Ferring. He was on pass so sent for Farman. Finished off one coat and started another and mixed up some more stuff. Cleaned up and went to tea. Had sausage fried in batter and syrup and cake. Got dressed and cycled over to Rodwell. Saw Doris just walking back and Lyn came running towards me and asked me if I had any real news. I was very amused at her old age manner. We walked back and saw Mr Smeaton's tractor with the wheel off. We went to see Spuddy catch a rat out of a trap and then put Lyn to bed. Read my book, helped Mr Smeaton to bag up the bacon. Had supper and cycled home.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Mrs S and the boys went to lunch and pictures with the Mathesons from 11.50 til 5.15. Finished by 2.45, Bridget washed up and I dried. Did a bit of washing then all my ironing. Got Lyn up at 4, got tea and we had ours. Went to meet Bill. All, ok, no news. Out Lyn to bed, no story as she was disobedient. Bill and I read all the evening, then Bill helped Mr S to bag up the bacon and Mrs S with 2 lamb skins. Had a letter from Miss Hall today, nice. Up to the top with Bill and now to bed 10.50. I hope to hear from Dad soon. I;m impatient! G. Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment