Monday 30 April 2012

Thursday 30th April

Bill

Up at 6.50. Not quite so windy but very cold. Had a wash and shave and a cup of cocoa. Cooked an egg and had fish then egg, also porridge which was nice for a change. Went on with job. Did some crayon work. Had a smoke at lunch time and then carried on. Had a chat with Reg Thursby. I noticed Bink in his ***. Went to dinner, corned beef, potatoes and fig bread pudding. I had a half helping extra. Finished letter to Mum and had a nap, then went back to work. Finished up drawing, had a chat on politics. Went to tea and had some of my butter and it was sausages and cake. I got dressed and cycled over to Hillmarton. Met Doris and Lyn. Lyn had a parcel for me, it was cigarettes from Harold, Rose and Ann, 50 Players, very nice. We walked home and gave Lyn a ride on my back. The cows were in the field. Tim went back to ***, Mrs Smetaon took him back. I washed up, helped Mr Smeaton to shift his brooder house to the  front lawn and then put Lyn to bed. She was naughty, would not be undressed so no story. I broke my 2 volt bulb and found I had been carrying an old one around with me. Read book and had supper. Back 11.25.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Alone until 11 as Mrs S and boys went to take the girls to school. Nice day really. Mrs hale here and all washed up by 1.45!!! Did a packet of washing for Bill, hung it out, then wrote to dad and Mum. Dad wrote about a farm today but it's only 6-10 acres now, but nevertheless very welcome! Met Bill, back 6.45, cleared up, put Lyn to bed, no story as she didn't come when she was called. Discussed Dad's farm with Bill then read in the chair together. Tim gone back to school. Supper and up to the top and now bed 11.07 pm. G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment