Friday 20 April 2012

Monday 20th April

Bill

Up at 6.45 and shaved, cleaned up and went to breakfast. We had cornflakes, bacon and sausage, then I collected some brushes ceiling white and distemper for the guard room. Foulks and Joyce came with me. We got steps and pails then started washing down the ceiling. We had plenty of dirt to get off. I asked WO Vickery for some light duty men, then we went to dinner. We had meat, tough, and baked potatoes and greens, rice pudding afterwards. I had two helpings of rice pudding. Then I went back to the hut and had a snooze, then went on with job. Three light duty men came down so I started them on and we got it all washed down, packed up for tea. I had corned beef and cake, then made my bed and got dressed. Went over to Rodwell. I saw Doris, she had been a long way and was walking back. She had got to the drive gate. We washed up and put Lyn to bed, then sat down in the chair. I read Dad's letter about getting a place he wants one now. Then I start another book Joseph ***. I liked it very much. Had supper and then cycled back. I got back about 11.20.

Doris

Rodwell. Mother's birthday. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Had a letter from Dad. he will buy a farm for us!! Mr and Mrs S went to Devizes 1.30 to 4. Finished by 3, wrote to Dad 5 pages, got Lyn up and got tea and we had ours, then went to meet Bill. Talked over the farm you bet! Rang Mother up six minutes (2/4), nice talk. Bill read all the evening and I wrote to D. Neal for for frocks for Lyn and to Mum and Dad. There is a lamb indoors to bottle feed but it's going to the Fry's. Read in the armchair with Bill. Supper, up to the top and now to bed 10.40 pm, so G. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment