Sunday 15 April 2012

Wednesday 15th April

Bill

Up at 6.45, shaved and went in to job and got things ready. Went to breakfast and had cornflakes and faggots, coffee. After breakfast I went on with work. Dyed some cones but found they had closed up painted up and dryed the others. Flt lt. Ball sent some wire in to put as trunks for trees. Gave Rolf my ** for pass. Had  to move out of guard room and go in to rear rec room, so shifted things out. Went to dinner, had corned beef, potatoes and carrots, prunes and custard. Went back to rec room and cut some more wires out. Cleared rest of things out. The lads from Yatesbury are coming back. ** Kelly will be pleased? Saw Flt lt Ball and he said he hoped to get it on the table on Sat and see how it looks. I had tea and it was bread and butter, sausage roll, cake. I cycled over to Rodwell and met Doris and Lyn. Doris had the papers from Woodcocks. We sat on the bank and read some of them. After then we went home. I gave Lyn a ride on my shoulder. When we got back I put her to bed while Doris washed up and then we looked at the papers again. Came downstairs and looked at books. After supper we walked up the drive and I got back to camp 11.5 pm.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Lyn played very well all the morning. Had about 8 farms from Woodcock's this morning. 1 I like very much, called Don Barrie at Kelsale. Finished by 3 then  studied the farms til 4. Got Lyn up, got tea and we had ours. Then went to meet Bill. Sat in the lane by Highway and read the farms. Put Lyn to bed, sat up there and read them again. Then Bill finished 'Corn in Egypt' and I started to knit a pullover for myself. Bill may go 8 miles west of London!!! Up to the top and now to bed 10.25pm. G.Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment