Saturday 28 April 2012

Tuesday 28th April

Bill

Up at 6.50 and made my bed. Cooked an egg on my stove, it was lovely with the cold bacon. I am very pleased with my pen, it writes beautifully. I drew out some plans of the pill box and took Max down to help me with the measuring of the top. The boys have been drilling for the funeral. The wind is cold. I had a chat with Reg *** and then went to dinner. Had mutton, parsnips, potatoes and rhubarb and custard. Then wrote part of a letter for Mum. I am  getting on well with my pen and it was nice of Doris to give it to me. After dinner I went in to rec room and did some more work. Went and measured up some more work and watched the funeral procession. Went to tea and tried a lump of my farm butter, it was lovely. We had sausage roll, cake. I got dressed and went to Rodwell, met Doris and Lyn. We sat and talked about different things, then walked home. I helped Doris to put Lyn to bed and got the washing in again, and watered the tomatoes. Read and finished off the book and read the Stock Breeder. Cycled back about 11.20.

Doris

Up usual time and all usual jobs. Finished about 2.45. Did a bit of washing this morning and boiled socks and hankies this afternoon. All went to Calne this morning. More or less wasted the afternoon, read farming book. Got Lyn up at 4, got tea and we had ours, then went and met Bill. Hung my washing out, put Lyn to bed, Bill got the washing in, dry, and then we read in the chair all the evening, finished 'Father of his People' then farmer and Stock Breeder! Up to the top with Bill and now to bed. 11.00 pm - tired so G. Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment