Monday 16 April 2012

Thursday 16th April

Bill

Up 6.45 and shaved. Had a cup of cocoa then got tools ready. Saw PO Masterman, he asked me if I do PT. I said yes sometimes, but I'm busy on my job, and I get my tools ready, went to breakfast. It was boiled cod or such like and corn flakes. I ate more, not bad. Had some of the jam I gave Rolf. Started work on models, some trees had appeared alright. I painted quite a few and put wires in them.  *** the wire points to stick in. Went to break, bought ten Woodbines and went on with job. Had dinner, meat, potatoes, greens and bread pudding with custard. After dinner, had a rest then started work on models again. Worked till four. Had tea, *** cake, syrup and then got ready and cycled over to Rodwell. I met Doris and Lyn and we saw some Staban prisoners. We walked back. It was a lovely day. I got the washing in while Doris washed up and I washed and changed my socks. Mr Smeaton lost a lamb through a fox killing it. We read and talked over farms. had supper and got ready to come back. Mrs Smeaton was curing lamb skins. Took some saw dust back.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Fox got 1 lamb. Lyn played in the garden all the morning. Fnished by 3.15! Wrote Don Barrie to Dad! Got Lyn up, got tea. We had ours and went down to the ducks and met Bill. he still doesn't know if he is going or not. Messed about and 7.45 before we put Lyn to bed plus short story. Bill washed his feet and changed his socks, then read paper while I wrote home, then we both read 'Strawberry Roan'! Up to the top with Bill and now to bed. Bill hopes to sleep out Saturday. 10.40 pm. Hope I hear from Dad tomorrow. G. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment