Friday 16 March 2012

Monday 16th March

Bill

Up at 5 past 6 and got guns out ready for stand to 6.30. Came off 7.30 and had breakfast, suasage and bacon, porridge. Went on guard again 8.45 till ten thirty. Came off, took bed back and they were moving into huts. I managed to get a bed and a locker in hut and then shifted some of my stuff. Washed, shaved. Had dinner, it was meat, potatoes, treacle pudding. Came off guard, went over to D.O. to see about leave extension, then W.O. gave me a form. I dressed, went over to armoury at Yatesbury to see W.O.. He was ok about guns. Cycled on to Rodwell, it was windy. Doris was pleased to see me. We talked and went over different things. About leave, she was disappointed not being able to ring Mother up. We had tea. Doris told me about the lambs, Lyn was playing with Jill and Bridget. It was raining hard outside, windy. We put Lyn to bed, I read her some stories. Sat by fire, studied medical dictionary, and then had supper. Doris walked up the drive. It was raining. I got back about eleven. Very strange to go in another hut. Miss the old boys.

Doris

Up usual time and all usual jobs. Lyn's new brown lace up shoes came, very very nice and fit her now nicely. Knitted and read this afternoon and waited for Bill to come. Mrs S out so got Philip up 3.30, then Lyn up at 4. Then Bill came. He is thoroughly fed up, not even cheered up at the thought of leave. Going to try tomorrow to get 48 hours on his leave. Put Lyn to bed and Nursery Rhymes. Bill changed his clothes. Bill read and I read and knitted all the evening. Up to the top with Bill, terrible night, warm but ever so wet and windy. To bed now and I hope Bill will cheer up. 10.20 pm so G. Night.





No comments:

Post a Comment