Saturday 14 July 2012

Tuesday 14th July

Bill

1.30 am, on the post till 3.30, got to bed and had a sleep. Up again 7.10 and on the post 7.30 till 9.05. Did some more work on the ** and got it more ship shape. Came off and had a wash and shave and cleaned up my kit. Went back to hut, had a read of the paper, went to sleep. Got up 12 pm to take my bag over and went to dinner. Had mutton, greens and pudding, custard. Went on the post 12.40 till 1.30. I came off and got dressed and cycled over to Rodwell. I met Doris and Lyn and gave Lyn her church. We sat down on the bank, then went home. We had tea and put Lyn to bed. I read to her and we stacked 8 lbs of strawberries and red currants. After then I put my things away and we sat in the chair reading. We had supper and I got ready to go back to camp. The hay making finished this afternoon. Doris walked up to the gate with me and I went through the park and put all my things ready for the morning and got to bed by five past eleven and very tired. I had a smoke and went to sleep. Doris had a fly sting her leg.

Doris

Rodwell. Up usual time and all usual jobs. Finished about 2.15, dressed Lyn and myself and went to meet Bill, did so 2.45 and we sat in the Highway Lane til 4, then came back. Tea, washed up etc, put Lyn to bed plus Nursery Rhymes, then went and staked strawberries and currants for Mrs S. Went upstairs for a while; then read together in the chair. Bill had a thorough bust up with Prichard and he's threatened to get him posted and to put him on guard all the week. Swine!! Up to the top with Bill and now to bed and tired, 10.33 pm so Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment